9 months ago
Thanks for joining the Appian World Hackathon! You're officially registered now, and we’ll be sending you regular updates throughout the competition.
Here’s how to prepare yourself to build a business app on the Appian low-code platform. Remember: Submissions are due April 15, 2019, at 5pm ET.
- Get set up. If you need an Appian developer account, sign up for a free trial. Select the option Build a Custom Application or Proof of Concept using the Instant Access Token: AW19HACKATHON (Note: Your confirmation email may take some time or may appear in your spam folder. Please do not submit multiple requests.)
- Explore the documentation. Familiarize yourself with the Appian platform and browse the documentation. The Online Academy may also be helpful in getting you started.
- Review the rules. Thoroughly read the competition rules to ensure your submission complies. Make sure you have integrated at least one AWS service.
- Get a head start on your submission. Fill out the basic fields on the application form and familiarize yourself with the submission requirements. This will give you a good idea of what you'll need to put together. Remember: you can edit your submission as many times as you like before the deadline.
- Join the community. Thinking about buddying up? Visit the participants page to find and meet teammates. You can see who else is looking for a teammate, check out what’s in their portfolio, and send them a message to connect. Consider signing up for the competition Slack channel, too, where you can also meet and chat with other hackers (#team).
- Review the submission requirements. Be sure you understand the submission requirements, even before you start building your app. This can help save you time in the long-run and help ensure you are meeting eligibility requirements from start to finish.
We’re looking forward to seeing your Appian-powered business app. Good luck!
If you have any questions about the hackathon, please post on the discussion forum.